Saturday, October 1, 2011

Priya Wal Exclusive Interview

Did anyone even in their wildest dreams assume that Priya Wal who plays the role of Misha Dobriyal in Pyaar kii ye ek Kahaani could be reserved or laidback? I guess not! We all love the character of Misha Dobriyal because of her quick wit and pranks. Here is an exclusive Interview with this pretty and talented actress for my Blog readers.

Q: Tell me something about you Priya. What is your Background and what made you choose Acting as a Career? 
A: My parents are from the education line. I am a boarding school product. I have been a national level Tennis Player and was also part of a professional tennis academy for two years. Ever since my childhood, I wanted to be the next Steffi Graf. Tennis was my passion. I had never thought of acting despite of my love for movies because I was never much a fan of Bollywood. However, I was signed up by Elite Models in Delhi and got chosen for my first TV show called "Remix" from there...which funnily enough I refused to go for the audition at first.

Q: The Characters you have played, Anvesha Ray Bannerji of Remix and Misha Dobriyal of Pyaar kii ye ek Kahaani, are very similar. Is that how you are in real life too? If not, how different are you from these reel life characters?
A: Yeah, Misha Dobriyal and Anvesha Banerjee are pretty similar because they both are strong, independent, loyal, bratty, urban and have leadership qualities, a big heart and a strong connect with friends. Well, I am a lot like these characters since we all put a lot of our personalities into acting and forming the character but I am far more reserved except with people I am close to. I am shy, laidback and I am not so boisterous. I am more of a dreamer who prefers curling up in bed with a book than partying away.

Q: The Character of Misha Dobriyal is seen in a tomboyish avatar and speeding up on her bike mostly. Do you like riding bikes? If you do, do you own one?
A: I find the term "tomboy" pretty derogatory. I am not a tomboy or a boy and nor are the characters that I portray. We tend to stereotype that all girls have to superbly typically "girlie" about makeup and dresses and a little dumb or Barbie doll types. But no thank you… I believe girls who are good at sports, independent, intelligent, have a strong personality and not only obsessed with their looks too are girls. So no… I am not boyish at all. Yeah, I can ride a bike but I don’t own one. It does not make sense having a two wheeler in Mumbai.

Q: Your Chemistry with your Pyaar kii ye ek Kahaani co-actors like Gautham Gulati, Yash Gera, Vivian Dsena and Vishal Gandhi are well appreciated by the viewers. Who among them is your favorite co-actor?
A: Among the actors you have mentioned, I like my scenes with Vishal Gandhi. We look good together and have good chemistry because of the bonding and relationship shown between the two characters. But I also have superb chemistry with all my co-actors like Pia, Tracker, Panchi, T, Mom and Dad. It is because all of us are a close set of people and love working together. The casting of this show has been just perfect.

Q: If you were not an Actress, what would you have been? 
A: A Tennis Player, Writer, Director or a Lawyer

Q: What is your Opinion about the concept of ‘Fair and Lovely’? 
A: I hate it. Who said you got to be fair to be lovely?? It is this stupid conception that is wrong with our society and all those stupid "looking for fair homely girl" matrimonial ads.

Q: Many Television Stars are migrating to Bollywood. Would we get to see you on the Big Screen? 
A: I love the movies. I have even written a script during my remix days. But I am not too crazy about Bollywood. But yeah, new school filmmakers are at least initiating the movement of sensible cinema. I love the Anurag Kashyap's and the Javed Akhtar's. Aamir khan is a genius and actresses like Kalki, Konkana and Tabu… wow!!! If I could be part of movies that suits my sensibilities, then ‘yes’ to the big screen.


Q: If you're not shooting what do you enjoy doing in your free time? 
A: Hahahahahhahaha! Daily soap actors are never free. So I keep taking off time between shows. I love lazing around, traveling, going to wild life sanctuaries, writing and hanging out with the people I love.

Q: How is your experience working in Pyaar kii ye ek Kahaani? What is your equation with your co-actors of PKYEK? 
A: Oh… I have loved working in Pyaar kii ye ek Kahaani. What a blast we all have had in spite of the hectic schedules. All the actors get along well and we have been blessed by the Best Director I have ever worked with in Television - Partho Sir. I get along really well with everybody. I love taking Pia and Panchi's case and Tracker manages to amaze me every time.

Q: Do you interact with fans and respond to fan mails? Do you have any message for your fans? 
A: Yeah, I have a fan page on Facebook. A message for all my fans - Thanks for being so loyal and loving me so much. Have fun and just always be yourself.

Friends, Your encouragement and motivation means a lot to me. So please click on facebook like button, Google +1 or retweet (or all of them) if you like the Post - Anamika